For Sale: 4k HMI Par Sales Demos - Reduced Price, Mint Condition

Guy Holt

Hey Everyone,

I still have some gear that I am selling to make way for new stuff. I have listed on ebay a practically new sales demo Desisti 4k Par system with Power Factor Corrected Flicker Free Electronic Ballast. This is a rare opportunity. Once this sells, you will not find a complete 4k Par System with the latest Power Factor Corrected Ballast technology from a major manufacturer for under $7000.00 again. If you want added security, you can partake in the ebay auction. As you can see from the screen grab of the present ebay auction, I have 100% positive feed back on my auctions so you can bid with confidence. You can buy directly at any time for the ebay opening bid amount as long as the item on ebay does not have a bid. Use the link below the screen grab to connect to the auction site. If the auction pictured below has expired, be sure to search for the item on ebay because it will be relisted if it did not sell.

This Desisti 4k Par is an especially good value and can serve as the backbone of a powerful HD lighting package when used in conjunction with our 7500W modified Honda EU6500is blimped generator. As long as there is a sun and moon in the sky there is the need for a large HMI like this Desisti 4k Par on interior and exterior sets because smaller HMIs, Kino-Flos, & LED panels don’t come close to balancing direct sunlight in day light scenes or covering deep background in night scenes. For powerful daylight fill on exterior sets, to create the feel of hard sunlight on interior sets, or to light deep background on night exterior sets, a dual wattage HMI Par like this Desisti 4k Par is invaluable because it will operate off our modified Honda EU6500is (pictured below) or off of regular wall outlets.

The Par configuration of this light not only gives you more output, but it is also extremely versatile. When you need a lot of light for fill on day exteriors you can lamp it with a 4k globe. To cut a hard window pattern, swap the standard spreader lenses for a Frosted Fresnel. When you don’t need the punch of a 4k Par, like on a night exterior, you can swap the 4kw globe for a 2.5kw globe giving you more power to run additional lights on a small portable generator. The 15 Amps you save by burning the smaller 2500W globe will power quite a few more lights when you consider that a Kino Flo Parabeam 400 uses only 2 Amps. For example, it is possible to power a lighting package that consists of PFC 1200, & 800 HMI Pars, a couple of Kino Flo ParaBeam 400s, a couple of ParaBeam 200s, and a Flat Head 80, in addition to this Desisti Par (with a 2.5kw globe) off of our modified Honda EU6500is Generator. Use this link for an informative newsletter article that explains the electrical engineering principles that make it possible for our modified Honda EU6500is to power bigger lights, or more smaller lights, than has ever been possible before of a portable generator. Enough lights, in fact, to constitute a complete location lighting package for DSLR HD Cameras

BoxBook.jpg

This article is cited in the just released 4th Edition of Harry Box's "Set Lighting Technician's Handbook" and featured on the companion website "Box Book Extras." Of the article Harry Box exclaims:

"Great work!... this is the kind of thing I think very few technician's ever get to see, and as a result many people have absolutely no idea why things stop working."

"Following the prescriptions contained in this article enables the operation of bigger lights, or more smaller lights, on portable generators than has ever been possible before."

The article is available online at http://www.screenlightandgrip.com/html/emailnewsletter_generators.html. Financing is available on items over $5000.00. I accept Paypal from confirmed addresses only as well as Cashiers Checks, Money Orders, and Wire Transfers. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me an email at rentals@screenlightandgrip.com or call 781-326-5088, Ext 5# for the Rental Dept. All Prices are in USD and do not include shipping. You are also welcome to pick items up personally in Boston, but you will then be subject to the 6.25% Massachusetts Sales Tax.

- Guy Holt, Gaffer, ScreenLight & Grip, Lighting and Grip Rental in Boston, MA