The Lost Squadron (1932)

Me too! Very accurate in the sense of danger for the stunt pilots. I remember reading about famous aerial cameraman Dwyer who said that he personally filmed fatal crashes of pilots trying to get the shot for a film - I believe the number was 9 of them if my memory is right. Directors

always wanted more...

WOW!!! THAT'S the kind of dedication I want from my stunt people!! :rolleyes: Seriously though, it is quite tragic, of course just normal flying was a relatively dangerous pursuit in the late 20s and 30s.

One film I have not seen and would like to see for the flying sequences is Hughes' Hells Angels.

Another one is Corman's Von Richthofen and Brown. I've seen it before but it was when I was a kid and I think it deserves a second look. He talks about it in his book and how I believe it was the lead stunt pilot told him he was going to direct a film with a lot of complicated flying sequences in it to which Corman warned him against trying it as directing these sequences were dangerous and difficult. The you poo pooed this and later died while attempting it. B)

One film I have not seen and would like to see for the flying sequences is Hughes' Hells Angels.

The zeppelin sequence is great. Even though it is a miniature.

It was shot silent, but still had the actors speaking German. So it was able to be well dubbed in German.