The Walking Dead

I've watched the first two episode of Walking Dead and there are so many things that I like and don't like about this show. I like the story and how it has been paced so far, but I'm really not liking the dialogue. It sounds so dated.

But what I really wanted ask all you fine people here, is what you guys think of the cinematography? So far the production of this show has blown my mind, but I can't over how flat the cinematography looks. I heard they were shooting on 16mm and and I thought that would give this show an awesome feel. But I swear if I didn't know about this show and just stumbled on to it, I would have thought it was a 90s made for tv movie. One of the writers at AVClub.com actually raves about it and so I thought maybe its just me. What do you guys think?

Well for the same reason the source comic was in black & white, maybe the cinematography was purposely understated. I watched the first episode & personally, I feel it was fine - the hospital scene looked how I feel it should look and the candle-lit stuff was pretty nice too.

I wonder, if it's a goal of the DP early on in a series' life to play it safe lighting-wise so that nothing upstages the characters and the world that is being set up?

Mind you, at this point Im sure David Tattersall can do as he pleases.