FS: Merlin/Pilot Vest

Guest Steadicam Forum

Guest Steadicam Forum

I'm looking to sell the original vest that came with my Merlin Am and Vest kit. This vest is the same style used for the Pilot rigs, and is completely interchangeable with them. It includes the newest "Buckle Mod", straight from Tiffen, that allows you to put the vest on and take it off without changing the vest's fit, or making the annoying Velcro ripping sounds. The Buckle Mod was only used for 2 jobs before I upgraded to a new vest.

The socket block and lower waist strap on this vest are brand new, just ordered a few weeks ago. The only condition problem is a few scratches, which are pretty minor considering the 3+ years of use this has seen, some grease pencil on the main spar, and a bit of sticky residue left over from an ID tag of mine, right next to the socket block. I'm just putting this out there, since I know that as a buyer, I like to know what I'm getting before I buy it too (you can also see most of this in the pictures). Other than that, the vest is still in beautiful shape.

In terms of price, I'm open to offers. A kit of this vest plus the Merlin Arm runs for $1500, if that gives you any idea. I'm more than willing to negotiate - I'd rather get something for this vest than have it sit in my apartment and gather more dust!

Thanks for looking!

post-1165-023157200%201289795550_thumb.jpg

post-1165-024301500%201289795557_thumb.jpg

post-1165-017837700%201289795563_thumb.jpg

View or reply to the original post at SteadicamForum.com