Moguls and Movie Stars on TCM

If you haven't seen this incredible documentary series about the history of the Hollywood film industry, it is just fascinating and REALLY informative. What I love most is you can see just how the industry evolved from a novelty to the world changing power it is today. It's on TCM and well worth a look. I, myself won't miss an episode!! :)

• Premium Member

Wish this excellent channel had gone HD before AMC :(

Amazing that soap operas are higher up in the pecking order than some of the greatest motion pictures ever made.

If Turner adds an HD service to TCM it'll probably have to be a premium service since HD will require paying for a large number of new transfers. Also more bandwidth on their satellite distribution uplink, local cable channels, and pay satellite services like DirecTV will cost them more money. Hopefully they WON'T fund an HD channel by accepting commercials like AMC.

I love all the 80s movies that end up there now as "classics".

Robert Osborne is my hero, he has made walking toward the camera when you start talking famous!

Plus TCM sells both of my features on their web-site. God bless their little hearts.

Maybe I'll be on the show when I'm 85 as a guest?

Oh and.....they recently ended a mystery for me that has lasted for 30 years. I have been "haunted" by a movie I saw as a kid where these twin boys play "the game" and do some bad stuff to people. TCM finally put the mystery to bed when they recently aired "The Other." What a great movie.

R,

One thing I REALLY love about TCM other than the GREAT variety of films they show from the best of silent films on to the 30s, 40s and 50s classics though Blackploitation and 70s icons to 80s sex comedies and Robert Osborne's great little gems of movie trivia, is the fact that they show them in their proper ASPECT RATIO!! I just finished watching The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, one of my top 5 favorite films for the I don't know how manyth time but THIS time, for the FIRST TIME in the tecniscope ratio, which REALLY makes you appreciate the staging and angles Leone used. It's just magnificent. Laurence Of Arabia is another one you can't truly appreciate unless you see it in it's proper ratio and understand how Lean uses his frame bring the desert to life and make the viewer feel its power. B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly