Professional grade studio/ media desk?

Josh Phoenix

I have been searching a while for a professional desk to edit photos and edit video. I also do music production but I may get 2 desks(one for audio, one for video). Im getting a decent space to edit and want a professional setup since I finally have a little money. Im looking in the 2k-5k range. I dont want wood, Im really looking for compositie so it lasts forever . Thank you for the help

Edited by Josh Phoenix

This isn't what you're looking for, but I'll throw it out there.

I've done a number of corporate shoots at the Amazon Seattle offices over the last decade. Many of the desks and work surfaces they have are doors. Just basic, unfinished, solid-core doors with wood beam legs and without pre-drilled holes.

I have two desks in my office. One is an antique super-heavy wooden library table I love and have had forever. The other is an unfinished $85 door with some nice Ikea desk legs. They're both great work surfaces. If the door-desk get's dinged or scratched it's no big deal. I actually sawed 8" off one of the corners so it would fit better in my space.

Doors come in all sizes and can be finished however you want. You won't find solid doors at Home Depot or Lowes. Find a local door store. http://www.google.com/search?q=solid+door+desk&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=Vrx&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&q=DIY+solid+door+desk&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=e64ee6e4e8056c32

Ikea will sell you all sorts of table or desk legs you can screw into the door, and then it won't look as ghetto.

Use the money you save to buy some nice art for the walls.

thanks for the idea, but with doors my 5k dollar tannoy monitors will still take up space as there are no speaker stands. My monitors will still sit on the top which will take up space that could be used for my Wacom tablet and mc mix. I dont think Amazon would have a potential client in an office space with a desk made from a door, but I may be wrong. If this was purely about production and i was in a basement, than that may work. I am trying to build a semi-professional studio so that I can meet with clients and present in a professional manner.

I appreciate your comments, but Im really looking for a nice setup man.

+ I am pretty ocd, and i really need an organized space or I get nervous, so the cord organization is necessary as well.

Edited by Josh Phoenix

Im sure thats his only desk:) It does not seem like a statement at all:)

Where did you pull this image?

My tannoys in back, still rockin the same desk too:) Believe me Im no gear slut

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/2005-06-07-how-to-record-usat_x.htm

Edited by Josh Phoenix

Also Im pretty sure these images are before he was a super gazillionare, and if they do use doors now it is probably because of iconic reasons rather than practical ones. Computer start ups love to tell this ubiquitous story even if its not true. What Jeffy does not say is that his parents were wealthy and they put him through princeton and his parents invested 300k into his business because no other investor would. But this isnt as romantic of a story, so lets stick with the doors/ Im so poor I need doors as a desk. Every rich kid Ive ever known does this type of stuff, its frickin hilarious:)

Here is a quote from an article i just pulled

"starting out from his Garage

Jeff Bezos built the foundation of Amazon.com from the garage of his two-bedroom house rented outside of Seattle. He fashioned his first office tables from wooden doors, angle brackets, and two-by-four lumber purchased from Home Depot.

This article summarizes the recognizable aspects of Amazon.com's success and lays down lessons learned in the form of tips. You have the opportunity to analyze the tips given here and apply them with prudence to your own business.

You as the owner of your own home based business started - or about to embark if you have not as yet started - with the same resources as Jeff Bezos. You are in a similar situation - if not much better position - than the Amazon founder because you have the secret to his success to learn and apply into your own business."

Edited by Josh Phoenix