Complete original Flyer rig with upgrades and extras

Guest Steadicam Forum

Guest Steadicam Forum

Making way for my next rig...so offering my Flyer rig with hardcase for $4100 (V-mount, with no batteries/charger) or $4600 (with two V-lock to Anton-Bauer adapter plates, two newly-recelled Hytron 50's and a one-position Titan (Tandem) charger/power supply.)

This rig has served me extremely well. It's in excellent functional condition and has only minor scuffs from use. I've added some small, but very useful upgrades. Details below.

15lb payload capacity allows you to fly everything from a DSLR to Panny HVX200, HPX170, HPX300, AF100, Sony EX1, EX3, etc. etc. At just under 15 lbs, I've flown Panasonic's HPX500. It flies like a dream.

I'm 5'7", 165 lbs so this rig has the compact vest ($500 additional value). If needed, you can easily convert it back to a fullsize vest yourself by replacing the vertical spar and/or the Y-spar. I can also do this for you for the cost of parts.

Included:

-Original aluminum-post Flyer, all black sled and arm, excellent condition

-Compact Flyer vest, all black, excellent condition

-hardshell Thermodyne Steadicam case, foam is in excellent condition

-standard def Flyer monitor, 500 nits

-V-mount battery mount (optional Anton Bauer adapters, batteries x2 and charger)

-original-style Steadistand

-docking bracket

-hex wrench

-original cables: video (bnc), power (2 pin lemo to 4 pin xlr)

-remote control for monitor

-camera screws and locating pin, etc.

-original manuals for rig and monitor

Extras and upgrades:

-EFP training DVD

-bottom stage upgrade: Kipp handles on both monitor bracket pivot points, for instant setup and adjustment

-battery paddle upgrade: pivot has been upgraded with lock washer and Kipp handle for much easier dynamic balancing, and to eliminate slippage

-camera stage upgrade: kipp handle for dovetail lock

Pictures coming...but hey, it looks like a Flyer! :-)

Local pickup in Nashville, TN preferred. Shipping/insurance costs extra, at actual cost (estimated $200 for continental US). PM me with any questions. I'm leaving town for a two-week job on January 11 so if you're interested, let's talk asap.

View or reply to the original post at SteadicamForum.com