Lens Adaptor for c-mount camera (B&H Filmo)

Adam Krell

Hello,

I've got a Bell & Howell Filmo 70DL. I just bought a Som Berthiot Pan Cinor 85 lens with a C-mount. When I mount the lens to the camera, the lens' viewfinder ends up in at an angle that doesn't match the camera's frame.

I'm guessing there might be some sort of adaptor to correct this? Anyone know if this adaptor exists and where I might be able to find it? Or is there a better lens that I should be using that would allow me to avoid using the Filmo's viewfinder?

Thanks,

AK

• Premium Member

It's been a little while since I worked on a Pan Cinor, but if I recall correctly, you should be able to adjust the rotational position of the lens mount thread so that the lens screws home with the lens viewfinder arm in an acceptable position. You can also unscrew the lens viewfinder arm and adjust its internal mask angle to match the camera viewfinder. So in essence there are two adjustments possible to align the lens to the camera. You will need an adjustable lens tool (or take it to a technician who has one).

It might be a good idea to take it to a technician anyway, to check the lens/camera collimation as well, since without a reflex camera viewfinder you can't be sure that a sharp image in the lens viewfinder will necessarily mean a sharp image on the film, until you shoot a test. The whole thing should be a half hour job.