Makeout Videotape 'Only You' Music Video

Hi Everybody!

As the description says, this is probably going to go down in history as the weirdest music video I will ever be asked to make. It was a tonn of fun, but very strange. Please tell me what you think, I'm mainly interested in a critique of my cinematography but all aspects are welcome for discussion :)

Details:

Arri 35 III

Zeiss Standard Primes

Cooke 20-100

Kodak 200T

LINK TO VIMEO

• Premium Member

Ok, I watched it twice, and not because of the pretty boys with their shirts off... Well... mostly not.

Anyhow, from a shear technical standpoint, I felt most of the scenes were rather bland. Nothing stood out.

The flares were nice, the color was nice. But I think the lack of contrast in most scenes was my main turn off.

The one thing that screamed "I WOULD DO THIS DIFFERENT" was the scene with the giant window in the back ground (about 1:12 or so).

I was really hoping you would just blow that window and all the highlights out so we could actually SEE the people. I think it would

have worked nicely.

At 1:50, I don't think there is enough separation between the person we are suppose to see and the rest of the "stuff". I think the main

problem is the light from the giant window behind him. If it was suppose to be lit by fire, the window is causing all the problems.

The bathtub scene was very nice, if a little dark. The exact opposite of that can be seen in the Kitchen footage, where at some points,

the window light is almost TOO too much. I can even understand if the two extremes are suppose to be there, because it has something to

do with whatever the song is about, but I feel, personally, the parts in the middle of the two extremes are not justified enough.

That may not have made any sense. I do totally understand shooting with available natural light, and it can be challenging.

I don't mean to be a downer, but I think this could be so much very better. KEEP AT IT!

Also, 435? I wish I had the money you spent making this.