Best and cheapest way to light this? (New Guy))

Dush Sbp

Hello guys,

I'm new to the forum and was in need of some help.

We're shooting a music video for an artist on my record label, and I thought that it would be fun to get my hands dirty and do some of the hard work myself so that I can learn these things for myself, rather than goofing around on the set like usual. I have a decent amount of experience in still photography so I believe I have some understanding about lighting. But the problem for me is shifting from strobe lights to continuous lighting for film/video, as I have no idea on how to compensate.

This is a still shot of the location and subject that I took as a sample for storyboards. I want the look of the video to maintain to be the same (so imagine this image to be a freeze frame)

Shoot.jpg

Details: Shutter speed 1/1000, 18mm Nikon, f3.5, iso 100, Metz AF 58 Flash at 1/1 power aimed directly at the subject

(This image has been color corrected, and the white are in the top left corner is almost direct sunlight)

The video will be shot using the Canon 5D 24fps 1/50 shutter speed and a 24mm lens at about f2.8-5. We most likely will be using some ND filters in front of the glass as the sun will probably be a bit too bright at that F stop.

Now what I want to know is, to get a similar look to the image above, what type of continuous lighting will be needed?

Can a simple reflector pull it off, or are we talking HMI?

We are going to be hiring the lights so I want them to be a bit flexible in what they can do. So we can use the same light(s) for these other shots:

Shoot%201.jpg

Shoot%202.jpg

Please let me know about cheapest, most suitable type of light, and wattage.

Thank You in advance

D

We can't see your images, you seem to have 3 images linked (like "https://cpanel25.syra.net.au:2083/viewer/home%2fstrictly%2fpic/Shoot.jpg") but the links may be through your website's secure private cPanel back-end not through a publicly accessible website. Try copying and reposting the links from your website, not from your administration page.

Ohh, sorry guys!

In order they appear on the last post:

Shoot.jpg

Details: Shutter speed 1/1000, 18mm Nikon, f3.5, iso 100, Metz AF 58 Flash at 1/1 power aimed directly at the subject

(This image has been color corrected, and the white are in the top left corner is almost direct sunlight)

Shoot%202.jpg

Shoot%201.jpg

Sorry bout the large size forgot to re size them :)

D