Kinor 16 question

Shaun Wilkinson

My Kinor 16 has an internal filter moved into position by a lever. The online instruction manual does not mention this, or even show the lever in the pictures. I am assuming this is an 85b filter like on Super 8mm cameras, any help woud be appreciated.

For better answer, i will ask you to send me pictures from your Kinor on my direct email olex.camera@gmail.com.

But, i can imagine what you mean at your question.

I can suppose, you have hand made upgrade of original edition of Kinor-16 SX-2M camera.

This is version of upgrade have additional handle on body,from above a motor.

At one position of handle, the 85 filter setup before film gate. At other position, the filter set out of film gate.

Yes, of course, the original user manual do not have any information about this filter, because, this is do not factory made. This is hand made upgrade.

The matter s that, the base color reversal film at USSR was CO-T-90 LM film, 90 ASA, tungsten color reversal film.

We do not had other type of color reversal films.

From other side, a set of Kinor-16 had OPF-1-2M 12-120 mm zoom lens.

This is zoom lens do not had 85 filter at set and many camera mans build additional devices for setup 85 filter to zoom lens for shooting with daylight.

The one guys make of hand made front filters. The other guys set of filter from rear side of zoom lens.

You have camera with one idea to setup 85 filter.

The next set of Kinor-16 SX-2M had OPF-12-1 10-100 zoom lens and this is zoom lens have rear color correction filters at set.

As of my experience to repair and service of Kinor, i recommend to take off of additional filter control mechanism, because, the parts of this mechanism can destroy of shutter disk.

Now, we do not have problem to find a any 85 filters with any diameter for attach at front side of lens. We have daylight and tungsten color reversal and negative films.