Boxed Man - Ultra Short Film (Canon 5d MII)

Hi all,

Here is a film I have just completed - Boxed Man. I wrote and directed it, as well as shot it. I would love to have any feedback on the cinematography!!! We were a pretty small crew: one focus puller and one gaffer, so all thoughts are welcome :)

http://vimeo.com/20624813

Thanks!

Merlyn

contact@merlynhaycraft.com

http://merlynhaycraft.com

• 2 weeks later...

i like it very much

good acting and story

the cinematography is very well serve the story

and the chose of static framing was good choice

i liked the lighting too

keep the good work:)

it's a good movie which mean all the components worked well

i like it very much

good acting and story

the cinematography is very well serve the story

and the chose of static framing was good choice

i liked the lighting too

keep the good work:)

it's a good movie which mean all the components worked well

Yeah, we went for a very static camera when he is living his daily life so as to show how dead he is, and then lots of zooms and pans as transitions, to move between all the scenes and make the boxes unrelenting and suffocating.

I checked out your showreel as well! Really nice work!

Tight story, nice pace, nice composition, Excellent Job! This was done With a 3 man crew as well. 5*****s

Thanks! Yeah, it was quite tight with only three in the camera and lighting crew. So in the end, we used house lighting where we could (often you can see it in shot) and then supplement it with fill and keys here and there. And the gaffer was really hard working. Little sleep and long days as usual! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Great work Merlyn! It's really well paced especially considering the duration. The montage is my personal favorite.

Thanks Jason! I edited it myself, but also did one day's editing with Nigel Galt, who edited Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut. And it's him I give the credit of editor to. It was a brilliant experience. It was more or less a one day private master class but editing my own work.

He really helped with the story and structure at the end of the film. And of course, I got to ask loads of questions about Kubrick!!! (whose is incidentally my favourite director)!! :)

• 1 month later...