Adapting a 16 BolexPro to C Mount or Nikon

Justin Talley

So, I know that I'm one of a small handful of people out there that owns a 16 BolexPro... and like many of us that own them, mine has sat around for quite a while not being used.

Recently I purchased a Bell and Howell Filmo 70DL to use for hand crank work, and it got me thinking... I had a super easy time finding a C Mount to Nikon F adaptor... Is it possible to adapt the strange lens mount of the 16 BolexPro to C and then Nikon mount? Or even to adapt it straight from it's odd lens mount to Nikon?

Again, I more than recognize that there are very few cats out there that have one of these strange dinosaur cameras, but heck, the think still works like a champ and the crystal sync motor is still rock solid... so if anyone out there has any wisdom on this issue, please reach out to a brother in need.

Patiently waiting in Los Angeles,

Justin Talley

profnoxin@gmail.com

jtalleydp.com

My notes indicate that the flange focal distance for the 16 PRO is 75mm ± 0.01mm.

That is quite deep. You might be able to have a custom adapter fabricated for some medium-format still camera lenses such as Pentax 6x7, Mamiys RB67 but that leaves you mainly with focal lengths that cover the telephoto range only.

Anything else, such as PL, would require resigning the lens mount, if such a thing is possible at all. Prepare to dish out $$$$

Cheers,

Jean-Louis