HD Lenses

Steve Denny

HD is new to me, so please bear that in mind as I ask, what are the best, most impressive HD lenses to the Varicam? I'm looking at three categories of wide angle, primes and telephotos. If you have some solid favorites, let me know. Then, if you can push me in the direction of what rental houses carry these lenses, I will aprreciate that communication as well.

Thank you.

Steve

HD is new to me, so please bear that in mind as I ask, what are the best, most impressive HD lenses to the Varicam?  I'm looking at three categories of wide angle, primes and telephotos.  If you have some solid favorites, let me know.  Then, if you can push me in the direction of what rental houses carry these lenses, I will aprreciate that communication as well.

Thank you.

Steve

Fuji have a solid reputation, Canons new primes may well be a match.

Zeiss primes are highly rated.

Question is how much of you budget do you want to spend on "gilding the lilly"?

Mike Brennan

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

The ziess digiprimes, much like all the other zeiss lenses, will give you a crisper and snappier picture when compared to the Fuji's and Canons. The Zeiss Digiprimes have an almost perfect even field illumination, and also have the highest MTF. They are also all the same size and weight (except for the 3.9 and the 70).

I?m torn between Digi Zoom lenses and E style zoom lenses. I?ve primarily shot E Style lenses and the quality is fine for what I am doing which is broadcast television drama. The E Style lenses are cheaper and the have remote control of iris. The limited range of focus is killing my AC?s. What are you guys doing?