Final Cut Pro X

Jerry Murrel

Would like to hear from anyone in this newsgroup regarding the pending release

of the new Final Cut Pro X.

Despite all the great things I read in the Apple Web site, I am concerned that

this release is for download only (no DVD media available) and that the purchase

price is now $300.

Does anyone know if FCP X is going to have all the functionality that Final Cut

Studio had? Will it still have DVD Studio built in, along with Color, Soundtrack Pro,

Motion, and Compressor?

I may be missing something here, but this new release sounds like a glossed over

version of Final Cut Express with a few of the Final Cut Studio features thrown in.

-Jerry Murrel

DP

Little Rock

Hi,

My thoughts are that what we have seen so far is NOT the entire suite, but only Final Cut Pro, the editing program. apple themselves have said to stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the Final Cut X release in June.

As far as pricing I don't think we should put to much thought into the fact the price is "low". With the introduction of the Mac App store Apple has been following a pattern of releasing the different Apps in a suite to be sold separately while they belong together (this is for example what they did with their iWork suite). So most likely we will see the other parts of the Final Cut Studio suite released (and priced) separately.

This would also be smart in another sence in that it would consolidate Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Express. Now that you can choose to only buy the actual editing program it's the same price level as Final Cut Express used to be. And pro users are free to use the rest of the suite as well.

That's my predictions. We'll see soon enough.

Would like to hear from anyone in this newsgroup regarding the pending release

of the new Final Cut Pro X.

Despite all the great things I read in the Apple Web site, I am concerned that

this release is for download only (no DVD media available) and that the purchase

price is now $300.

Does anyone know if FCP X is going to have all the functionality that Final Cut

Studio had? Will it still have DVD Studio built in, along with Color, Soundtrack Pro,

Motion, and Compressor?

I may be missing something here, but this new release sounds like a glossed over

version of Final Cut Express with a few of the Final Cut Studio features thrown in.

-Jerry Murrel

DP

Little Rock

Hi,

My thoughts are that what we have seen so far is NOT the entire suite, but only Final Cut Pro, the editing program. apple themselves have said to stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the Final Cut X release in June.

Thanks Mikael,

Very useful post.

-Jerry Murrel

DP

• 2 months later...

Well the verdict is beginning to come in, and it doesn't look good at all:

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/06/28/apple-offers-refunds.html

This is precisely what I feared. Apple has more or less decided internally

to abandon their professional base.

-Jerry Murrel

DP

Little Rock, AR

---------------