lens for diy rear projection?

I'm trying to project some footage and shoot it with my 16mm film camera. I was wondering if anybody knows of a good surface to project the image onto? Basically I'm doing the reverse of telecine, I suppose, transferring digital to film. I've seen the diy telecine machines project onto a lens of some type, would that be a fresnel lens?

i would just point it at a screen and film that, but it seems like the quality would not be that great and likely to show any grains or stains on my projection screen.

it doesn't really matter if the image is reversed or up-side-down, i can correct that later but i just want to get a good quality image onto film.

thanks!

• Premium Member

I'm trying to project some footage and shoot it with my 16mm film camera.

it doesn't really matter if the image is reversed or up-side-down, i can correct that later but i just want to get a good quality image onto film.

There are folks who are set up to transfer video to film, which is often called a "Kinescope" or Kinescope recording.

The process was a big user of film back before video tape, when the networks filmed all there live productions to play in other time zones.

BWFF has been advertising this service lately.

<http://www.blackandwhitefilmfactory.com/Kinescope%2016mm%20transfer.htm>

Not sure what they are using for technology.