I think this man likes the Alexa...

Keith Walters

• Premium Member

I see on Arri's website that "The avengers" (A film about an organization made up of some of the Marvel Superheroes depicted thus far - Captain America, The Hulk, Iron Man, Thor - plus some others who haven't) will be shot entirely on the Alexa, headed by Seamus McGarvey.

VErrrrry interesting...

This is from "an old barfly" but I knew they were shooting in the town I grew up in, and I noticed they didn't have any protruding 1,000 foot magazines.

I guess I don't feel so bad I didn't try to get on camera crew for this prod. Film loader's the most important job on the set. DIT? Not that that's why I like shooting film, but God, after 14 hour days, the 1st AC's bitching at me certainly is lessened when I take that to heart.

• 3 months later...

I just bought an Alexa package today, I hope the damn thing produces a decent picture.

Don't worry I still prefer 35mm over any video camera by a long shot. As film is definitely the superior image recording medium.

I want the Alexa to shoot some home video of the kids growing up.

R,

• Premium Member

You've got it the wrong way round, Richard.

For TV shows and other fluff that's likely to be quickly forgotten, Alexa footage is perfect!

But for the really important stuff like home movies of your kids, film is the only real option. ;)