HD Graphics Server

Daniel Smith

Hi guys.

So as I keep mentioning.. we're holding an event, during the 28th and 29th of this month involving DTT, IPTV, 3D and all kinds of stuff. Anyone here is welcome, if you go to http://ravensbourne2011.com/ there is a sign up page there.

We've managed to borrow most of the kit we need, but we're struggling with graphics. We need to feed HD graphics to a vision mixer via HD-SDI. The best idea we've got right now is to try and blag a DVI to HD-SDI converter and do graphics through Powerpoint as a second monitor. We would however prefer to get a slightly more professional solution in place if possible.

Assuming we could get a server with a HD-SDI card in it, what software could we use to output the graphics? My guess is that you can't use something like a HD-SDI card made by blackmagic or AJA as a second monitor? Is there any pro-software specific to graphics out there that has a 30 day trial or something?

Any help is appreciated.

• Premium Member
My guess is that you can't use something like a HD-SDI card made by blackmagic...as a second display

Yes, you can do exactly that. You can also use it to display Photoshop stills, or just play video out over it using a supported NLE or the included Media Express app.

P