FS: Kilfitt 90mm Macro Arriflex Standard Mount. Red Ready!

Joe Taylor

Up for auction is a Kilfitt 90mm f2.8-f32 Macro Lens (Makro-Kilar) in the 35mm Arri Standard/Bayonet Mount easily adaptable to work with PL mount and Red ready. This is a true macro-lens, manufactured in the late 1960’s, enabling 1:1 macro photography and cinematography. As the examples in the Ebay photo bin illustrate, this lens serves as a field lens for general photography equally well. It is very sharp with an especially pleasing bokeh aesthetic at close focusing distances. This is one of the best lenses I have ever owned.

EBAY LINK: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_826wt_1141

Like most Kilfitt lenses, manufactured by the Heinz Kilfitt Munchen company out of Germany, this Kiflitt has a convertible adapter that allows numerous adapters to be used for different 35mm cinema and still photography mounts and with an inexpensive PL/Arri adapter, vintage lenses like this masterwork are given a new life in the digital age.

I purchased this Kilfitt in 1999 from a Canadian filmmaker who made educational films about insects in the 1970’s. Being an adopter of the Metric system, this filmmaker had inscribed “US” and “Mitt” on the barrel. I used an emery cloth to erase these marking, leaving the only blemish on an otherwise perfect barrel. A detailed photo in the image bin illustates this mar. With the exception of some small dust flecks, this Kilfitt is mechanically and optically in excellent condition.

As used by me, this Kilfitt worked on an Arriflex 2C for my award winning documentary film, Dead Lonesome, a labor-of-love project, filmed in glorious 35mm, about ghost towns and the mystique of the western landscape. You can experience Dead Lonesome and examples of these lenses work online here: Dead Lonesome

After purchasing a Red ONE in 2008, I put this lens immediately to work, especially in March of this year while producing a documentary film about the Amish in Davis County, Iowa. The Kilfitt’s image circle covers the Red’s digital sensor throughout completely. I have posted several frame-grabs taken from the Red’s 4K image as examples of this lens’ ability in the digital age.

As mentioned earlier, I am the very proud 2nd owner of this Kilfitt and can attest to its condition.

Flat Rate shipping in the United States.

I also currently have a set of Zeiss Prime Lenses listed for auction on Ebay as well as 300mm Astro Berlin. These auctions can found here: Zeiss Primes Set

And here:

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to phone me personally at (515) 238-0617 or if you prefer to contact me by email, my address is Sales@Handcranked.com

Edited by Joe Taylor