Removing film from Arriflex 16 bl

Phil Thompson

Hello,

Ian, thanks to your incredibly detailed instructions I was able to make the little lead, plugged it in and joy! Thank you so much for your help on that one, I know its easy stuff but still was well kind of you to take the time and offer such a detail solution. My next mini dilemma is this. I let the film spool onto the take up core. The take-up core is not a white disposable type that comes in the middle of the 400ft roll. its a special arriflex core that has a spring loaded clip. ANYWAY. I read the manual and it says when you take it out, you should replace with white core. My dilemma was that the white core didn't fit snuggly. it was lose and easy to fall out. IS this normal?

Phil

• Premium Member

Yes, that's normal. The labs are used to it. A lot of times, people can up the exposed film without a core. Labs are used to that, too. They stick in a core before splicing your film onto the feed roll.

-- J.S.

Glad you got the lead and camera working.

Afraid I can't offer much help on your current problem - I've not had first hand experience of collapsible cores. Can you just fit a standard plastic one on and use that instead? Would seem to be the easiest way to solve the problem. If you don't have a spare core then I'm sure a request at one of the London labs would find you one.