35mm short ends in Austrlia?

Any source for short ends here?

I've gotten stuff from the U.S. before and the odd can on ebay Australia, but wondering if there is any local source, or if anyone here has short ends or recans on hand?

Just using the film for still camera usage, hence short ends are easier for me to get into a 100ft loader, then off a full 400ft roll.

Dan

I seem to recall having a 400-foot can that had some Australian Ends retalier label slapped on the front of it. I'll see if I can find it, but even with ends you'd be hard-pressed to find them under 200 feet. And anything under 100 is considered waste on most 35mm shoots.

I'd recommend making friends with some Aussie loaders! Then they can GIVE you all their "waste" instead of throwing it in a trashcan (I still get sick to my stomach thinking about all the thousands of dollars worth of film - and irreplacable silver that goes into a landfill on most movie productions.)

I don't mind longer ends, it's just less work for me, to get something ~130 ft, cut about 10 ft off and slap it into a bulk loader straight in, like the last lot of 5201 50D and 5219 500T I got :)

I'll try.. I just dont know where to look, I have zero social contacts in the industry..

• Premium Member

to get something ~130 ft, cut about 10 ft off and slap it into a bulk loader straight in, ..

If you can find an ALDEN 200 loader, it will as the name suggests take up to 200ft loads.

Of course the "waste" idea is even better, the film would likely be on a 2 inch core, I always keep a 1 inch core from Kodak Bulk film for that eventuality.

Any source for short ends here?

Dan

There is... Steadi Systems and they are located in SYD

http://www.steadisystems.com/

However if you are interested I have various full 400' cans and short ends for 500T, 250D and 50D and will sell cheaper then what steadi systems will offer. I am located in Melb... how much are you looking for?

Regards

DANIEL