Short Film

Hey! It's my first post here too!

I thought the cinematography was pretty good, coming off my first time DPing this past semester. I was kinda confused about the coloring, it seemed so blue and I wasn't sure what the point of that was.

The only thing that stuck out to me as something I would have done differently, and this is more editing than cinematography, was the wide shot of the fountain after she says the line about "if you weren't going to propose to me" where he stops walking away. I thought that could have been longer, it just felt like a flash and then it went back to his close up.

Hey man, nice work! I really liked it, what did you shoot it on?

Few things I did notice, the shot of Jason, especially in the tight shots seemed a little blown out, around his collar? Perhaps a few stops too open? Then the reverse is a little better exposed, you can also see loss of definition around the highlights on his forehead.

I liked the story as well, it's a fun dynamic to play with. Have you seen the film Coffee and Cigerettes? There's a scene with Steve Coogan and Alfred Molina which is very similar to your idea, check it out.

Hope this helps!

I've just finished a shoot I wrote and directed, would you be able to have a watch for me?

Thanks!

James