Kinetal Lens "Wings"

• Premium Member

Those were typically used on the original Arri mount and steel bayonette mount lenses. So, anybody who works on pre-PL Arri stuff would be a good start. Perhaps Tim Carroll, who does the Arri S website.

-- J.S.

• Premium Member

Hi Robert,

I'm not sure where you're located, but if you fail to find anything locally, I have a couple of Kinetal wings in my parts inventory - I could sell you one. I'm at the far ends of the earth, though!

As John mentioned, there were similar wings fitted to older Arri mount Zeiss and Schneider lenses, so as well as service techs like Tim perhaps a long established rental house in your vicinity may have some old bits lying around. The Zeiss and Schneider wings have slightly wider screw spacing compared to Kinetals, so it would be easier if you can find the matching size, but it's not something a bit of filing couldn't overcome.

If you're handy you could just make one out of a spoon handle.. B)

Thanks for the info Dom and John. I did a lot of digging, and now I've got a couple of leads for the "wings" here in the US, so it looks like I'll be able to pick them up locally. I appreciate your input--and this thread may be of use for others looking for the same thing.

Thanks,

Robert