ARRI VIEWFINDERS

Arun Kumar Pandey

I was pretty much curious to understand if ARRI cameras differ in their eyecups and viewfinder diopters for their 235,435 and 535. I have worked on ARRI 16SR and 535B and IIC and found variations among them. Is there any reference material on the net to provide info about these from ARRI side? Having Astigmatism, i was interested to know if there is consistency among eyecups for a common prescription glass articulated that fits into major of the 35mm and 16mm variants.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dom, i was at the camera service dept and came to know that 235,435,535,416,Studio and SR3 have same eyecups and share the same modular design. I was pretty much interested in eyecup and got to know that this eyecup has a good space for prescription glasses to be sandwiched between the viewfinder glass and eyecup twin blade Iris.

• Premium Member

Ah yes, my apologies, you did specifically ask about eyecups not eyepieces. I must have blithely assumed you were asking about the diopter adjustment which is in the eyepiece. Had my nitwit hat on that day.. :blink:

Thanks for politely posting the correct answer. :)