Elmoscope Lens

Here's something I found, in the spirt of info sharing:

ELMOSCOPE 16MM ANAMORPHIC PROJECTOR LENS FOR CINEMASCOPE MOVIES - WILL ALSO FIT THE KODAK CT-1000

ELMOSCOPE Cinemascope Anamorphic Lens - This is a rare ELMOSCOPE cinemascope lens for 16mm projectors showing films shot in scope (cinemascope prints must be viewed using these anamorphic lens). This lens can screw onto any standard ELMO 16MM OR KODAK CT-1000 primary lens, or can be used with an ELMO scope bracket (not included). You can also get adapter rings to use this lens on non-Elmo projectors. I've been told they blow the Kiowa and Sankor lenses out of the water in picture sharpness, brightness, and focus, but not only have I not actually compared them side by side, but have not been able to confirm from a few third party sources, thus we can not confirm the claim. Nevertheless we used these and were very happy with them and cant imagine glass being any clearer than these. ..... One of the lens was used with a mounting bracket as you can see four tiny spots on the barrel where the mount was set,

More archival info.

ElmoScope II Elmo reported to be a relabled Kowa 16-H 52mm(?) ? both the projector's/camera's lens and the anamorphot need to be set to the same focusing distance approx. 1/3 f-stop Focusing: 5ft to infinity. Similar to Kowa 16H/8Z yes yes yes, but details unkown (vignetting normally starts at 15-20mm, depending on the Super8/Single8-camera) no ? eBay USA: US $66,00 (+ US$ 9,50 shipping) in 09/2007

• 1 month later...

As an update, if anyone is interested. The filter ring is a 50mm. I was told in a couple of camera shops that I would have to get an adapter machined, but I found a 50 to 52 ring on e-bay for $ 2.50, including shipping. I fit it on to my HV20, as well as my Bolex P1 ( both are 43mm), and the first tests are good. Once I get the results of the film test back, I will see if it's worth Fabing up a mount for my rail