Source 4

Guest Tony DeRosa

Guest Tony DeRosa

I'm looking to pick up some junior source 4 lights and just wanted to make sure the mounting hole is correct to work on a c-stand. Its a M12 hole with c-clamp

Thanks

• Premium Member

I'm looking to pick up some junior source 4 lights and just wanted to make sure the mounting hole is correct to work on a c-stand. Its a M12 hole with c-clamp

Thanks

I think you'd have to get it converted from a pipe clamp normally used for theater to a baby (5/8" pin/spigot) stand mount.

Avenger part number e390 (TVMP bolt to 5/8" female) - the lights aren't particularly heavy, baby hardware is fine hence the avenger mount made almost specifically for s4 light units. I'm pretty sure the ETC part is cross-referenced with the avenger e390, seem to recall that from buying s4 parnels a while back.

Keep in mind the S4 Junior is considerable dimmer than the standard S4 - to the extent the standard S4 with a 375w lamp is still brighter than a S4 Jr with a 575w. Your money is better served getting a standard S4, both economy wise (less wattage for same output, more fixture on circuit) and brightness wise (can use larger lamps for more oompf). Finally, the S4 Jr uses non-standard size gobos - so if you ever run into someone who wants to use a pattern they already have - it won't fit. Standard S4 takes the standard Size B, and can take Size A as well. There are a zillion accessories for the standard S4 as well. Resist the urge to buy the Jr because it's cheaper - there's a good reason.

36 degree lumens @ 15'

S4 750w: 404

S4 575w: 303

S4 375w: 194

S4j 575w: 189

S4j 375w: 121

As far as TVMPs to adapt the light to baby stands, I'm partial to the American Grip one - but the Avenger is not bad. The Matthews one is terrible - it has a lame, cheapo thumb screw where the previous two both have nice T-handles.