Introducing UltraPan8 camera No.2

Nicholas Kovats

Forum member, Glenn Brady, is the new owner of UltraPan camera No.2. He has asked me to post the following note and excellent photos on his behalf, i.e.

"My UltraPan8 camera has arrived, so I thought I’d share a couple of images of it. Jean-Louis Séguin in Montréal did the conversion and it's first rate. A Bolex bayonet front has replaced the turret, the reflex viewfinder has been upgraded to 13x magnification, and the aperture has been machined to give a 2.8:1 aspect ratio. The camera is shown with a Century 3.5mm T 2.0 Extreme Wide Angle fixed focus lens. "

Another excellent conversion by Jean-Louis Seguin. Note Jean-Louis's new UP8 camera sticker and the CU of the 2.8:1 UP8 gate. Glenn has expressed interest in undertaking some lens testing with his impressive 1.9mm and 3.5mm Century lenses and his 5.9mm Angenieux.

Excellent choice of incorporating the heftier Bolex bayonet lens mount and the requisite C-mount adapter for the 3.5mm C-mount lens. The Bolex bayonet breech lock lens mount has a flange focal distance of 23.22 mm relative to the C-mount register = 17.526mm. This results in the C-mount lens residing a bit farther into the camera body.

Here are two additional shots posted on Flicker, i.e. http://www.flickr.com/photos/eoorider/6653405701/in/photostream

post-14530-0-91563000-1326037316.jpg