HDC950

Keith Mottram

• Premium Member
What are the advantages for shooting with a HDC950 over a HD900F apart from the split head option?

I assume you aren't talking about the F950, which can do 4:4:4.

Well, the 950, not being a camcorder, is a little lighter and smaller than the F900 (5.1 kg versus 8 kg without lens or viewfinder.)

• Premium Member
I assume you aren't talking about the F950, which can do 4:4:4.

Well, the 950, not being a camcorder, is a little lighter and smaller than the F900 (5.1 kg versus 8 kg without lens or viewfinder.)

no, thats what i thought initially but panavision UK have the HDC950 listed and with a second look it says SONY 3D CAMERA BODY? Is this the same camera.

Keith

Edited by keith mottram

no, thats what i thought initially but panavision UK have the HDC950 listed and with a second look it says SONY 3D CAMERA BODY? Is this the same camera.

Keith

The HDC 950 was the forrunner to the HDC f950.

Probably more HDC950s than HDC f950s in existance at the moment.

The f950 is not CE approved for Europe.

As far as I can tell all 950s have the same flaring of pinpoint light sources that mark one f900s have.

Whats different? The f950 has slow shutter, dual viewfinder outputs and of course 4:4:4 and the new optical block that was introduced with Mark 2 f900s. (90% sure of this)

The HDSDI output of the f900 should be similar to HDC950 and HDCf950

I've noticed that issues with f900 also appear with HDC 950. (strobing of highlights at shutter speeds above 150th sec was one)

Menue is similar.

The Panavision 3d camera was made for/by Vince Pace and James Cameron. I've treid to rent it for a few days in UK but got nowhere...

T head is available for HDC f950 and HDC 950 Neither cameras have YPbPr outputs so be careful that you have the right monitors.

There is a 14bit A/D HDC camera in the wings,that will do 1920x1080 4:2:2 50p maybe we'll get to see this one in Europe?

Mike Brennan