high speed circular dolly or similar effect.

I am looking for a method of circling my talent at high speeds in combination with high speed photography. I have already looked into Pacific Motion Control's Cheetah dolly and it's speed is too slow for my purposes. Any ideas? Thank you.

-Ken-

At my previous job we part built a dolly track with cambered rails about 6m in diameter. Idea was to only have 180deg of curve - straight run in for speed up and then simply coast (at a great rate of knots) around the 180deg then straight again for slow down.

Yes the cambers made going from straight to curved 'interesting' - there was a plan around it... ;)

360deg of arbitrary revolutions is what you're after ? What diameter ? Do you want it motion controlled ? How heavy a camera ?

Thought about bullet time ?

To answer your questions.

I'm not sure on the exact revolutions per minute I'm looking for, but I'm visualizing using a phantom for some really high speed stuff and Red Epic for the rest. So when in use with the phantom the revolutions are going to need to be quick enough to make the effect play.

Chris, the curve sounds good for one pass, but I would like to get multiple revolutions.

I would prefer not to spin talent as it will effect wardrobe and props.