Who watched the Academy Awards?

James Steven Beverly

Saw the Oscars and was pleasantly surprised to see character driven, smaller films in the forefront again. I loved the honorary Oscar choices and was a little depresses and how many brilliant people we lost this last year. I enjoyed it. I haven't watched the last few times. I also watched the rebroadcast of the Spirit wards which honors indy films and it was interesting to see the contrast in the two. B)

I watched them. I generally watch them every year because I feel like they are a big part of our industry. That being said, I think as awards they are less relevant almost every year.

The Golden Globes are much more relevant (as an award) nowadays in my opinion. Their inclusion of comedy and being at the beginning of the award season are a couple of reasons. I find that by the time the oscars are here you know who's going to win the "big 5" awards based on the other award shows. Most of the technical awards at the oscars are usually still pretty accurate I find.

I will continue to watch the Academy Awards though. More as a show, and a celebration of the film industry than an award ceremony.

I do agree it was nice to see more Character driven stories at the forefront. I wish they didn't have to be "smaller films" to be character driven though, I don't know why Hollywood has such a hard time making blockbusters with a decent story.

• 1 month later...

Saw the Oscars and was pleasantly surprised to see character driven, smaller films in the forefront again. I loved the honorary Oscar choices and was a little depresses and how many brilliant people we lost this last year. I enjoyed it. I haven't watched the last few times. I also watched the rebroadcast of the Spirit wards which honors indy films and it was interesting to see the contrast in the two. B)

Each and every Academy Award Winner broken down here: http://www.clickok.co.uk/Screenwriting-Academy-Award-Winners.html

Great resource.

Guest Christopher Sheneman

If I attempted to watch the Oscars my girlfriend would leave me and take our kid to her mothers. I'm serious.