Matte box and filters for ex3

I am shooting a short film on a sony pmw ex3 using the stock lens. I am looking for some advice on a rental of a Matte box and and filters to help enhance the look. The film is all indoors and the look I am trying to create is very dark and dramatic. I am limited on space and budget. I was thinking about using a few filters such as a pro mist black filter or a soft fx filter. I am open to any suggestions. Also are there any picture profiles out there that anyone can suggest. I am not new at directing but I am very green when it comes to lighting and trying to learn and grow. I appreciate any and all advice!

Great little camera.

Chroziel made (makes?) one that clips on like Sony one, and takes 4x4 filters. As for the diffusion, try 1/4 BPM. It's always made me happy. I'd throw a polarizer in the kit too if you don't already have one.

The thing with picture profiles is no one really knows what you're going for and "dark and dramatic" is a bit relative. Take a little more time, point it at a properly exposed chip chart and dial in the look that works for YOU, save it and have it for the rest of your life.

In case you have it seen it yet, check out "Another Earth". Great film shot on this cam with a "dark and dramatic" look wink.gif