Canon FD 150-600L universal mount

Tobias Mennle

http://www.ebay.de/itm/290694119476?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_1242wt_1398

ebay item no. 290694119476

Canon 150-600L with universal mount and Nikon F, Canon EF and PL mount adaptors 3500.- Euro

The legendary supertelezoom, allegedely only 1050 samples were built, most of which went into the film industry (where they were only superseded by the 75 000 USD 12kg Angenieux 24-290 with 2x extender). It was the most expensive FD lens ever built.

SN 10565. The body shows strong signs of use, the front lens is in very good condition with faint cleaning marks, the rear lens is mint, was always protected by inbuilt filter. Internal lenses with some dust and cleaning marks. I had the inner system cleaned by the official FD service in Germany about 10 years ago and did not use the lens very much since. The mechanical system - aperture, zoom and focussing is faultless and operation is very fast.

Image quality is very good, very sharp pictures from open aperture, very little improvement with stopping down (tested on a 10MP FourThirds Chip, corresponding to 40MP or 8K Full Frame 36x24mm). This sample is so much better than a second one I tested and resolves at 500/5.6 much better than my Sigma 50-500 stopped down 1.5 stops. The Sigma image looks more contrasty on first sight (rough edge contrast) but the fine details are totally smeared and unsharp. With the Canon I add a bit of contrast in postproduction and the images are perfect and highly resolving.

Contact me for image samples.

I sell the lens because I now use a small Canon HD zoom which is better for wildlife filming on location.

Specialties:

- Custom made universal mount, top quality Made in Germany by Mr. Dresel, 60mm focal flange universal mount (an expensive transformation from FD!), a Canon FD chrome ring attaches the adapters superbly. Comes with Nikon F custom made adapter, an Nikon F - Canon EF adapter, and a custom made PL mount adapter. Other adapters can easily be made as the lens was transfered to 60mm focal flange.

- Bottom plate was reinforced with aluminum plate.

- Small hole in the sunshade

- Small hole in the body, closed by tape. Through this hole a small screw which moves in the zoom curve can easily be tightened occasionally which otherwise can become loose and damage the optics (which happened). Ingenious.

One week return option