Does Combining Types of Lighting Affect the Picture

Thanks for the help.

I have been studying how to light. But there are so many kinds of lights Tungsten, Halogen, Incandescent and what I am using now Daylight CFL's. In my ignorance I don't know if combining them hurts getting the right look. Or does it matter.

Is total wattage from different sources better than lesser from one type?

I use the daylight CFL's because I planning a comedy and want a general overall look. No special moody lighting. A Sandra Bullock Comedy type.

I figure I can use filters and other means to get the look I like.

So the main question is, Can I have different kind of lights with different K's or light with 5600 K daylight Compact Fluorescents?

• Premium Member

Some of them are warmer or cooler in color than others, and some have more green in them than others, so they all don't render the same. The question is whether you want that visual mismatch or not from using different types of sources in the same frame. Sometimes it can be creatively interesting but you need to know what you want to achieve and how these lamps all look. Sometimes the differences are not dramatic enough to be interesting but not close enough to be ignored.

Thanks very much for responding and responding quickly.

It sounds like I am better off sticking to one type of light.

5600K compact fluorescents. I am experimenting with my camera to learn how to light. I have built my own Softbox for a keylight as well as the other lights.

While I don't have lens filters yet The effects plug ins for premier pro have helped improve the Picture when needed.

Thanks again.