Telecine (and processing) in NYC

antony

Hello.

I'm looking into possibly going over to new york to shoot a couple of commercials later this year. I'm basically here to ask what are THE laboratories and THE telecine facilities in NYC to go after, since I've never done anything there? Source would be S16 and telecine something of the sort of Spirit or Shadow with DaVinci 2K or similar. Telecine would be done onto PAL Digibeta.

Also if anyone here has their 5 cents on camera and lighting rentals companies they are especially happy with in NYC, speak up.

Thanks a million, people.

antony

I've found Moving Images to be a great post place. I've never been unhappy with processing or transfers I've done there. You can check them out at www.mipost.com.

Also, welcome to NY!

Guest Austin Milbarge

THE places to do telecine in New York are Nice Shoes and Company 3.. especially for commercial work. I've never considered going anywhere else. And if you have the money, I would consider using the Specter at Nice Shoes. It's a new system that allows you to scan in all of your film at 2K, then view the corrections in cut order. No more stopping to throw up another roll during your session.. So session time is quicker, thought you do have to pay for the ingest. I suppose it works out to about the same price in the end, but is a much more productive way to work. Good luck...

Tim

• Premium Member
Hello.

I'm looking into possibly going over to new york to shoot a couple of commercials later this year. I'm basically here to ask what are THE laboratories and THE telecine facilities in NYC to go after, since I've never done anything there? Source would be S16 and telecine something of the sort of Spirit or Shadow with DaVinci 2K or similar. Telecine would be done onto PAL Digibeta.

Also if anyone here has their 5 cents on camera and lighting rentals companies they are especially happy with in NYC, speak up.

Thanks a million, people.

antony

Anthony,

I shot on a Minima in New York 18 months ago. Camera Equipment from Abel Cine, processing and telecine at DuArt. We did a VERY GOOD Best light transfer on a SPIRIT to a PAL Digibeta in 16x9 FHA.

Both companies highly recomended.

Stephen Williams DoP

Zurich

www.stephenw.com