Getting 1200 spools of K40A 16mm

Hi. I'm trying to get some longer lengths of K40A 16mm and not having any luck. While 100 feet is fine for shooting documentary style applications in DR8, I feel it would be great to have at least 400 feet spools of the stuff available so I could actually shoot my short film without having to reshoot because of scenes getting cut off and having to reload every 2 or 3 takes. While I think 7285 is a nice stock, it doesn't come close to Kodachrome IMHO. Mr. Pytlak, do you know if Kodak is willing to spool longer lengths of Kodachrome?

Regards.

~Karl Borowski

• Premium Member
Hi.  I'm trying to get some longer lengths of K40A 16mm and not having any luck.  While 100 feet is fine for shooting documentary style applications in DR8, I feel it would be great to have at least 400 feet spools of the stuff available so I could actually shoot my short film without having to reshoot because of scenes getting cut off and having to reload every 2 or 3 takes.  While I think 7285 is a nice stock, it doesn't come close to Kodachrome IMHO.  Mr. Pytlak, do you know if Kodak is willing to spool longer lengths of Kodachrome?

Regards.

~Karl Borowski

How many million feet would you like? ;)

Seriously, "Special Order" films need to be initiated through your Kodak technical representative, and minimum order size varies with the product. Remember, for the very complex KODACHROME process, you are also limited to only a handful of labs in the world.