Red Rock Micro FF, Why so many on eBay?

Does anyone know why there are so many Red Rock Micro follow focus units on eBay?

Multi choice answer?

A) They were oversold to the market somehow, with a brand perception higher than the percieved value once used in real life? Translation, they sold lots, but they weren't as good as people hoped.

B) They are no good?

C) They are not much better than some similar and cheaper Chinese FF.

D) Everyone is upgrading to the next RR Micro model?

It's making fun a bit, but also serious.

Cheers, Gregg.

I don't do multiple choice. Life isn't that simple (so deep!)

I own one. The blue model. I like it. I didn't like the design of chinese knock offs, I felt it looked a little beefier than those ones, and for kinda just a little more (totla of about $800 with shipping). I like that it has the hard stops, I like the 3D focus wheel so if I'm operating by myself it's easier to see. I like that I can upgrade it to the studio version down the line.

I've never used a more expensive model, but I feel like there probably is some quality issue. The focus wheel seems to have a little play... not in the actual functioning, but itself being attached to the unit. But it still feels pretty solid. Got through shooting an event with it and it performed great, so no complaints here. And I like the quick release aspect to it.

Maybe people are dumping them to go cheaper. Maybe it's people who have outgrown it and moving to something better. But there's nothing about it that I hate, so, not really sure.