Super 8 video tap

Ray James

Hi,

Thought you guys might be interested in my extremely ghetto video tap.

Basically an iPhone held up to the viewfinder and clamped into place using a modified iPhone windscreen/windshield holder and a couple of screws.

Quality is terrible (I'm filling the screen using the iPhones digital zoom) but it works well enough for framing and cost nothing!

Anyways - wish me luck on my shoot next week!

7583035172_3309a225a2_z.jpg

• Premium Member

This is ghetto cool indeed, but are you streaming the video signal from the iPhone to another monitor? Because apart from this being some cool MacGyver cinematography, I am somewhat struggling to see the point of the construction, as looking directly through the viewfinder will give you better visual quality and more accurate cadrage for framing a shot.

Or am I missing something :) ?

This is ghetto cool indeed, but are you streaming the video signal from the iPhone to another monitor? Because apart from this being some cool MacGyver cinematography, I am somewhat struggling to see the point of the construction, as looking directly through the viewfinder will give you better visual quality and more accurate cadrage for framing a shot.

Or am I missing something :) ?

Whoops. I should have mentioned - I'm flying it on a cheap "steadicam" type stabilizer.

Edited by Ray James