Nizo 561 Macro - a quick question

Roger Court

I'm new to super 8 and film making in general, so I'm hoping someone can help me with a query about a Nizo 561 Macro camera I've just bought.

I also have a Sankyo XL 620 and a Nizo 3056, and on both of those you can clearly hear the iris control motor working when the lighting conditions change. On the 561 Macro though, while everything else appears to be working fine and the lightmeter responds to differing light conditions, I can't hear an iris motor.

Does anyone who has one know if this is normal for this model, or do I need to get it serviced?

Cheers,

~R~

I'm new to super 8 and film making in general, so I'm hoping someone can help me with a query about a Nizo 561 Macro camera I've just bought.

I also have a Sankyo XL 620 and a Nizo 3056, and on both of those you can clearly hear the iris control motor working when the lighting conditions change. On the 561 Macro though, while everything else appears to be working fine and the lightmeter responds to differing light conditions, I can't hear an iris motor.

Does anyone who has one know if this is normal for this model, or do I need to get it serviced?

Cheers,

~R~

This is normal. Like the majority of super8 cameras, the 561 uses a moving vane system which is part of the galvanometer. It makes no noise whatsoever.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis