Is this lighting doable

Hi all,

I would like to pull off some unique lighting idea for a project I saw something similar on another project.

Basically it involves using a light of somekind to create a narrow beam of light that has as little feathering across as possible and can be used to flash over a car.

As though the light was a beam around three to four inches across and as long as the shot requires so we can see it 'scan' over surfaces.

The image I found is this.

screenshot20120801at221.th.png

Couldn't this be a simple practical lighting effect which would make the days shoot far easier to control than doing multiple passes or VFX.

It would be great to hear from you all.

• Premium Member

It's not meant to cover the entire car, just sections at a time so a beam three inches or so wide and as long as I can get it hopefully at least two to three feet long.

You can create that with the blades inside a Source-4 Leko. The brightest would be a Joker 800 HMI Source-4 Leko conversion. The brightest tungsten is the 750w version.

If you want two stripes with one light, you'd need to order a special gobo for the Leko with that pattern.

You can create that with the blades inside a Source-4 Leko. The brightest would be a Joker 800 HMI Source-4 Leko conversion. The brightest tungsten is the 750w version.

If you want two stripes with one light, you'd need to order a special gobo for the Leko with that pattern.

Just the one stripe.

Appreciate the help. Very kind of you.