white and black shadings

Delorme Jean-Marie

hello

i was told to control white and black shadings after each change of lens.

how do you make this

do you control it all the time?

- are shadings only "electronicals deg nd's" or something i do not catch?

another question (sorry)

i'm gona recieve a US 900 how do i match it with my 50 hzt lights here in europ?

if i film interlace?

can i choose 50I on yours cameras menu?

thank you in advance, you super skilled peaple of the forum

Shading is something that need to be done by your reantal house.

It is done individually with every lens using a vectorscope and saved as lens files that you will be able to recall after every lens change.

About the 50hZ well eather you film 50I/25p or use a 1/50 shutter (you cant use 1/50 shutter if you filming 60i).

goodluck with your project.

• Premium Member
Shading is something that need to be done by your reantal house.

Yes, the rental house should be doing this, are they? Most likely not. I was amazed to find out that the F900 I was working with out of Panavision Woodland Hills didn't have any lens files saved for their lenses.

This is one of the reasons a DIT is absolutely necessary during a camera prep.

Maybe Elhanan will add to this a bit, I know he did the lens shading for some tests we did. No clue what you do, but maybe he will share.

White shading adjusts the color shift vertically and horizontally along the image. If a camera is used without any type of white shading then you will most likely see a bit of a greenish hue towards the bottom half of the screen, and a red hue at the top. How much green and red depends on the lens you are using. When you adjust the white shading you are cancelling out this effect. You do this once for the OHB (optical head block) and then you do it for all of your lenses and save the settings as lens files.