First time shooting Super 8 - test footage

Dave Dvorchak

Hi all,

I've been reading this forum for a few months now but haven't posted. Got the Super 8 bug somehow through collecting and screening 16mm films & projectors, eventually wanted to get on the "other side" of things.

Just got back my first roll of film that I've ever shot, Ektachrome 100d with a Canon XL Electronic (also my first S8 camera). Footage is from Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon.

Not 100% happy but thrilled to be able to see something that I shot...can't wait to get home tonight and watch the actual reel instead of the video of it!

Hi Dave,

Looks like your auto exposure works really well in the camera. I was impressed at how well it changed exposure when you zoomed in on the valleys.

Definitely not the best scan in the world. Very flickery. Locating the right scanning house for reversal films is key to getting the most of your 100D.

Dave

Definitely not the best scan in the world. Very flickery. Locating the right scanning house for reversal films is key to getting the most of your 100D.

Dave

Yes, this was done at Dwayne's. It was cheap but ultimately not worth it for this transfer. I've seen good and bad ones from them. Pro8mm transfers seem a little out of my price range right now for what I'm doing (amateur hour shooting). Is there a "next step up" from Dwayne's?