kodak 16mm unknow film

Hi all,

I recently got a lot of kodak 16mm color negative films. In the lot, there was this can, without much informations on it. I just know from the seller it's color negative, and one perf. The speed is unknow, also if it's a daylight or tungsten film.

Anybody could help me to know what's inside?

thanks!

post-59406-0-64884300-1369475098_thumb.jpg

The trick is in the Number Code, which is the first four digits of the batch number.

2201 decodes to ESTAR (polyester) base, camera-original film, and 01 for VISION2 50D. The production version of this film on the standard acetate base would be, as Dirk notes, 7201.

Properly it should be 3201, as a 2 in the leading position is properly for 35/65/70mm ESTAR, but Kodak has been inconsistent with this in the past (I have a few cans of HAWKEYE Surveillance Film 2485 in 16mm when it should be 3485).

You will also sometimes see a 0 as the first digit for a Special Order film - ESTAR versions of VISION2 500T were sold as SO-218 and coded 0218.

It's important also to note the Specification Number (SP): 618 in this case, which refers to 16mm with 1R perf on Z-type (3-inch diameter) core in Winding A, not the standard Winding B.