Man of Steel

Anyone here see Man of Steel? I thought it was not only a great film but it's also my favorite superhero film. And I also feel that the cinematography by Amir Mokri as well as the camerawork was superb. I'm glad Zack Snyder didn't shoot digitally or in 3D as is the case lately with big-budget visual effects flicks and instead settled for anamorphic 35mm

Guest Stephen Murphy

Amir Mokri's work over the years has been wonderful but he never seems to do any interviews - pity.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Anyone here see Man of Steel? I thought it was not only a great film but it's also my favorite superhero film. And I also feel that the cinematography by Amir Mokri as well as the camerawork was superb. I'm glad Zack Snyder didn't shoot digitally or in 3D as is the case lately with big-budget visual effects flicks and instead settled for anamorphic 35mm

I just saw it in 3D. I can't say I was overly impressed with any part of it.

The fact that it was shot on film didn't seem to pan out to any particular advantage visually, and the 3-D effects were nowhere near as convincing as those in the recent Marvel features.

I don't know what it is about Warner Bros, they just can't seen to get their heads around what it is that sells movie tickets.

They routinely manage to turn iconic characters such as Green Lantern and Superman into cinematic duds.

I didn't think much of the newer Batman movies either. Ironically, they were more successful commercially, but mostly because they ripped off the original Iron Man concept. They bear virtually no resemblance to the original Batman comics, unlike Iron man etc.

I just saw it in 3D. I can't say I was overly impressed with any part of it.

The fact that it was shot on film didn't seem to pan out to any particular advantage visually, and the 3-D effects were nowhere near as convincing as those in the recent Marvel features.

I don't know what it is about Warner Bros, they just can't seen to get their heads around what it is that sells movie tickets.

They routinely manage to turn iconic characters such as Green Lantern and Superman into cinematic duds.

I didn't think much of the newer Batman movies either. Ironically, they were more successful commercially, but mostly because they ripped off the original Iron Man concept. They bear virtually no resemblance to the original Batman comics, unlike Iron man etc.

The Dark Knight films were never meant to be true to the comic book.

• 2 weeks later...