Kick-Ass 2

I know I'm probably alone, but I actually prefer this film to the first one. I just thought when someone like Dave's father died, you actually felt bad for him. As opposed to Big Daddy's death where I felt it was very cheesy. This was lensed by Tim Maurice-Jones and used Arri Alexa Studio/Plus cameras with Zeiss Master Primes, Angenieux Optimo lightweight zooms, and Fujinon Alura studio zooms. There are some slo-mo shots but I don't know what they used for that. Surprisingly, not only did Henry Jackman return as a composer, but Asa Shoul from Molinare returns as colorist.

I was looking forward to seeing this but I've read some mixed reviews. I don't usually read reviews but I was compelled to when I heard Jim Carrey refused to do any publicity for it.

I mostly enjoyed the first one but I had an issue with how humiliating and trivialized violence was portrayed. I'd be lying if I said I'm against violence in films. That being said, I take issue with the role it plays in films more than the volume of violence featured.

I might catch it on Netflix so as to not "knock it before I try it," but I'm not eager to spend $$ to see it in theaters.

I agree with Reuel, I felt it was better then the first. I also felt it took a more "serious" view on things sometimes (Especially the fathers death), probably because the plot focused on the "coming of age" and of personal responsibilities.

I don't know why Carrey refused to do any publicities, I think it's one of his best roles- some people don't even recognize him.

I agree with Reuel, I felt it was better then the first. I also felt it took a more "serious" view on things sometimes (Especially the fathers death), probably because the plot focused on the "coming of age" and of personal responsibilities.

I don't know why Carrey refused to do any publicities, I think it's one of his best roles- some people don't even recognize him.

Couldn't have said it better on both counts, especially regarding Carrey. I honestly think this is his best performance so far period.

• 2 months later...

I went to see it in theatre, normally I would usually wait til it comes out on BluRay to watch it, but my colleagues offered a ticket for free so I couldn't say no.

I honestly thought this was way better than the previous one, the characters developed much more in this movie making it much better in context. I am also in shock because I didn't know it was Jim Carrey until I've seen the credits. Hands down one of his best performances. Come to think of it, I'm glad I didn't know it was him at first because I can never picture him being all that serious in a movie.

I gotta hand it to the makers of the movie for not taking this movie way too seriously. I mean that in a good way.

Edited by Darryl Shaun Palapuz