Takers on my cheap green screen.

Paul,

A couple of thoughts. Check that the paint will stay adhered to the tarp. If it were to come off, you would have a huge disaster in the pool's filter system.

Consider throwing Kino Flo banks at the backdrop. They can be operated underwater. And, prevent any hard light from striking that backdrop through the water surface.

Michael

Well I wouldn't drop the ballast in the water. :blink:

According to the Kino Flo website, their banks w/remote ballast can be operated underwater.

Kino Flo 4BANK page

Based on my understanding of electricity, here's what makes Kino's safe in water. Someone check me:

While the current output from the ballast is 5 amps (more than enough to kill you) the 25kHz drive frequency means that current doesn't travel as far from the light (the field is tiny) and, should you actually make contact with the live connectors, only skates across the surface of human skin rather than digging in deep like 60Hz, locking up muscle tissue and vital organs like your lungs and heart.

Just be sure to rinse the heads with fresh water when done. It's probably best to use distilled water so there are no mineral deposits left on the reflectors, or just take some extra time to wipe everything down.

• Premium Member

Thanks Michael,

I'll do a patch test on the paint issue. I may just shoot over-cranked on a dry set with a big fan to move the hair. It's cheaper and my budget is all too quickly running out of contingency money.