Schneider-Kreuznach 150mm C-Mount Lens

danny bartle

Schneider lenses are generally very nice. My experience with c -mount Scneiders is limited to 25 and 50mm lenses and they are beautiful on an H16SBM. Although 4.5 is slow, I assume that you will be using the lens mostly outdoors for your surf shots? If so it should be fine. Try it on your bolex and see what it looks like on the focuser. Also take a close look at the element of the lens before buying. Holding it up to a light source, turn the iris and focus and check for any dust particles or worse fungus or haze. Do this from both sides. consider that you will be using this lens outdoors mostly, in uncontrolled lighting situations. That means that if the lens is dirty, scratched or whatever then wheneve there is a backlight that hits the element, those imperfections will be lit up and will flare. I hope that I have been of some assistance.

Oliver Gläser

Hi Oliver, thanks for the comments.

Yes the lens is being used for surf shots from the land so it will always be used in bright & sunny conditions so hopefullt f4.5 will be enough. The lens is good being only the front & rear element externally needing a minor clean. The price seems good too, AU$100, about US$70ish I think....

I suppose for that price, you really can't lose, besides on bright days, depending on the stock that you are using, you'll be closing down past f16 anyway. get some ND filters for the front of the lens. and some sort of hood or mattebox.

peace

Oliver Gläser