Kodak Ektachrome 7250 Reversal

So I'm a freshman Cinema and Photography major at Ithaca College, and I am almost finished with the filming of my latest project for my Cinema Production 2 class. This is only my second production class, but since this is my life, I went all out on the project. I wrote my script - 10 pages long - got myself a wonderful producer, and bought 4 rolls of 400 ft. Kodak Ektachrome 7250 Tungsten Balanced film stock. 400T. Beautiful. Discontinued because it's not estar-based, meaning I can splice it when I have the time. Currently I need to get a digital transfer to edit within the next 3 weeks. Contrast, color saturation - these are the resons I decided to use reversal over negative. What was not fully thought through was the processing. I realize now that there are very few places left that will develop color reversal film, and the places that I can find (such as Bono Film Labs) charge much more to process reversal than negative. It makes sense, what with the VNF-1 process and all. My question is - is there anywhere that will give me an educational discount on the processing? Or somewhere that does not charge 55 cents per foot (I'm looking to process 1600 ft. - and not looking forward to paying $800 and more to have it done)

Ah. The oh-so-expensive life of a film filmmaker.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Pac-lab.com in NYC does good job processing each day with good prices. if i remember properly, it's .17/ft.

So I'm a freshman Cinema and Photography major at Ithaca College, and I am almost finished with the filming of my latest project for my Cinema Production 2 class. This is only my second production class, but since this is my life, I went all out on the project. I wrote my script - 10 pages long - got myself a wonderful producer, and bought 4 rolls of 400 ft. Kodak Ektachrome 7250 Tungsten Balanced film stock. 400T. Beautiful. Discontinued because it's not estar-based, meaning I can splice it when I have the time. Currently I need to get a digital transfer to edit within the next 3 weeks. Contrast, color saturation - these are the resons I decided to use reversal over negative. What was not fully thought through was the processing. I realize now that there are very few places left that will develop color reversal film, and the places that I can find (such as Bono Film Labs) charge much more to process reversal than negative. It makes sense, what with the VNF-1 process and all. My question is - is there anywhere that will give me an educational discount on the processing? Or somewhere that does not charge 55 cents per foot (I'm looking to process 1600 ft. - and not looking forward to paying $800 and more to have it done)

Ah. The oh-so-expensive life of a film filmmaker.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I have to 2nd Pac Lab in NY. They do great work and have good prices. And are speedy. .17 cents a foot. Better than.55 cents. ;) I've had 7266 processed by them and they did an amazing job with the B&W! That was my first roll of 16mm and it just turned out gorgeous. I just had some 7240 processed by them and I was suprised just how good it turned out considering the stock I had was a few years old.

Good luck and I hope that helps ya out.

Edited by HTTK