Super 8 Feature screening in New Jersey in June

Rick Palidwor

Super (duper) 8 feature Sleep Always has been invited to the New Jersey International Film Festival. It is screening Friday, Saturday and Sunday, June 24-26, at Scott Hall #123, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey. 7pm each night. If you are in that part of the world, mark your calendars.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi Rick just wondering what kind of projection are they doing - and how big is the screen?

Congrats too :-)

Scot

They are screening a DVD copy. Not sure what the projection equipment is but it's a pretty big festival so I assume it's alright. Not sure on screen size either but I believe it is a big auditorium so screen must be a decent size. Unfortunately I cannot make it to the screenings so I may never know.

Rick

They are screening a DVD copy. Not sure what the projection equipment is but it's a pretty big festival so I assume it's alright. Not sure on screen size either but I believe it is a big auditorium so screen must be a decent size. Unfortunately I cannot make it to the screenings so I may never know.

Rick

Any of these festivals use super 8 projection?I wish they had named the widened super 8 format something else like "Ultra super 8" or something Super Duper 8 just sounds....as my teenager would say.....gay.

Any of these festivals use super 8 projection?I wish they had named the widened super 8 format something else like "Ultra super 8" or something Super Duper 8 just sounds....as my teenager would say.....gay.

Marty, many people have told us they don't like the name super-duper 8 and there have been a few raging debates on filmshooting.com. We happen to like it, but always maintain that people can call wide-gate super 8 anything they like. We didn't invent it. Though just for the record (and we have posted this elsewhere), when people say "super-duper 8" sounds amateursish, which I think would describe your response, we feel compelled to point out that with all the major press we have received for our super-duper 8 feature Sleep Always, from Kodak's In Camera magazine, to Germany's Schmalfilm to Playback (Canadian trade paper) the editors chose to high-light the name, using super-duper in the title of the article. In other words, though it may sound silly, it has not resulted in any of the trade papers taking us less seriously than they might have otherwise. In fact, it seems to be a marketing hook for them.

Rick