Youtube Audio Ads A New Horror.

Ok who's been on Youtube lately and heard the audio ads they are running over the top of videos?

You are watching a video and then suddenly a very loud audio ad for every and all products under the sun suddenly comes on. Even when you pause the video, the audio for the ad keeps running!!

This is absolutely the stupidest idea Youtube has ever had and they've had some pretty stupid ideas in their day.

Am I the only one hearing this BS on Youtube? Youtube execs if you are reading this you are going to have a full scale revolt on your hands as viewership drops like a stone. How on earth can you even watch the damn video with audio ads coming on randomly though-out the video.

I've never seen a business decision that was dumber than this one.

R,

Some websites have embedded video ads on their pages, that only start playing XX seconds or minutes after the pages have been opened. I'm not sure I've ever encountered these on YouTube, but this could be what you're dealing with here.

The good news is that they are not superimposed over nor embedded within the soundtrack of the video you're watching, they're just regular video ads which should be fairly easy to spot if you scroll down the page. The bad news is I don't know of a good way to avoid them. The only thing to do is wait for them to start and pause them. You can also refresh the page and hope that the following one has a different, silent ad on it.

Or avoid those websites altogether of course...

I've certainly encountered pages where an advertisement started, loudly, but I couldn't find the damned thing because the video was small, buried somewhere near the bottom of the page. I had to scroll and look and look.

When that happens now I just leave the page. Kiss it goodbye. I flat out refuse to deal with adverts.

• Premium Member

I haven't run into that yet but there is another possibility if it continues for you it may be embedded in your computer. Try going to control panel or if you use firefox use their home page settings icon & deleting cookies, ad ons, etc. Iv'e been on utube as recently as yesterday. Good luck.