Blue Pressure Marks??

• Premium Member

Hi. I am shooting a feature on Super 16. Working with Technicolor NY. I just heard from our editor that Technicolor told him that a couple of shots had "blue pressure plate marks that are easily correctible in post".

I have asked them what this is and what might cause it (havent heard an answer yet) but would love to get an answer asap.

thanks for any guidance.

f

• Premium Member

It's a good possibility that the measured "gap" between the gate and the pressure pad that holds the film against the gate (as it runs through the camera) could be too narrow. This could cause an intermittant bruising to the negative and sounds like what you have described. An experienced camera tech can adjust that gap to where it works effectively without causing this bruising.

G

• Premium Member

Gregory

Thanks for the reply. As it is the weekend I will have to wait for Technicolor to reply on Monday I suppose. Apparently, it was just on one shot (intermittant yes). And they said it was easily corrected in post. I still havent seen it so I dont know how severe it is. Meanwhile we are shooting all weekend.

Fun.

F